The price of a vehicle hire rental is inclusive of VAT & insurance.
The excess/liability is £500 for all vehicles. This is not paid in advance; it is only taken in the event of an accident or damage during the period of hire. You may, if you wish, waiver this excess, at the branch, at a cost of £10 per day or £50 per week when you collect the vehicle.
Our vehicles are not insured for use in Northern Ireland, Eire and mainland Europe. Insurance is valid for all of Scotland includding all the islands as well as England and Wales.
Our Insurance Covers
- Third Party Liability unlimited (including passengers in hired vehicle)
- Full repairs to rental vehicle (excluding excess)
- Breakdown recovery
- Theft of vehicle and accessories (excluding excess)
- Cover would default if the necessary security precautions were not implemented i.e. if the keys were left in the ignition or the radio front was left in the vehicle.
- We reserve the right to increase the excess with each incident.
- The standard excess is £500, however, a higher excess may be applied in certain circumstances.
Our Insurance Does Not Cover
- Theft of property within the vehicle
- Drivers of hired vehicle's personal injury or loss of life (own insurance would have to cover this).
- All drivers must hold and produce a full category British Driving Licence for the type of vehicle hired and proof of their address. If a new style British driving licence is held, both parts must be shown.
- Overseas visitors must produce a valid Domestic Licence and/or International Driving Permit and valid passport.
- UK visitors must produce proof of address, e.g. utility account or bank statement.
- Licence/Permit must be valid for the current period of the rental and have been held for a minimum of 12 months.
- A licence may have a restriction to the number of seats on a vehicle, which the licence holder is entitled to drive. For most European countries this is 8 plus driver.
- Any penalty points should be notified.
- Why book with us?
- Personal, friendly advice from expert local team
- Currently 23 branches all over Scotland
- Competitive prices, incl. insurance
- One-way hires available